[hibernate-dev] Preparations for releasing Hibernate ORM 5.0.9.final

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 18:06:13 EDT 2016

I am preparing to do the release.

I forgot to send an email about not pushing fixes after Sunday to allow us
to complete our testing before releasing 5.0.9.Final today. Unfortunately,
fixes for HHH-10592 and HHH-10608 were pushed after tests were successfully
completed.

I see that a CI test is failing:
http://ci.hibernate.org/job/hibernate-orm-5.0-h2/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
.

I need to move forward with the 5.0.9 release and do not have time to
investigate what is going wrong with the CI test and to re-run the
necessary tests, so I will revert the fixes for HHH-10592 and HHH-10608 to
get back to the state at which we know the tests are successful. After
releasing, I will change the version to 5.0.10-SNAPSHOT, and re-apply the
commits so they will be fixed in 5.0.10.

I still need to update the migration guide (HHH-10542). After doing so, I
will start the release. Please do not push any other commits until after
5.0.9.Final is released.

Any issues that are scheduled for 5.0.9 that are not resolved will be moved
to 5.0.10.

Thanks,
Gail