[hibernate-dev] Slots of the OGM modules

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 29 08:15:47 EDT 2016

I wouldn't go as far and call it "very wrong"; There just hasn't been any
demand for running several OGM versions in parallel, so no one cared for
enabling such scenarios.

That said, 5.0 seems like a good time to do so as I can see some people
might want to use 4.2 and 5 in parallel, so +1 for doing it.

> Not least, we seem to have various properties which allow each module
to be released with a different slot id

I don't think the purpose of these props has been so much releasing with
different ids, but more maintaining the slot ids in one place (e.g.
"hibernate.ogm.mongodb.module.slot" is referenced twice, once in module.xml
and once in dist.xml). If you see room for simplifications, go for it; But
I wouldn't spend huge amounts of time on it, given this is working.