[hibernate-dev] StoredProcedureQuery holds on to the underlying CallableStatement

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon May 16 09:24:32 EDT 2016

I think it is reasonable to have have an ability to release the underlying
CallableStatement.  I think its a matter of how and where to expose that
though.  StoredProcedureQuery is a JPA contract, so we can't add it there.
Also StoredProcedureQueryImpl is an internal class and we generally
discourage users from binding to that contracts.

I'd actually vote we add this method to ProcedureOutputs and JPA users
would be expected to do `spq.unwrap( ProcedureOutputs.class ).close()`