[hibernate-dev] Is SQM going to remain a separate component?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri May 27 06:53:28 EDT 2016

Thanks Gunnar, I'm wondering the same.

At the same time though, I would rather avoid the work of adapting the
SQM code to an ORM version which was not meant to be compatible with
it.
I'd rather wait with that until we base OGM on ORM6 and invest the
saved energy otherwise.

Mine is not a technical suggestion, but just an observation that such
work would only benefit very selected OGM releases: it doesn't bring
long term value.
If we have spare cycles to dedicate on the parser work (which I doubt
anyway) I'd rather us start working on the ORM6 previews as soon as
there's a testable branch to make sure that future integration will be
great.

Thanks,
Sanne