[hibernate-dev] Vibur DBCP connection pool

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Nov 10 19:18:41 EST 2016

Hi all, Steve in particular,

there's a nice and friendly offer to integrate this connection pool in the
"Hibernate distribution".
 - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-10541

I asked to Simeon - the project lead for Vibur and issue reporter - if he
would help to maintain it and there seem to be good intentions.. but then
we didn't get him an answer.

What do you all think about this?

I understand we can't integrate everything but the approach seemed
promising to me; he has a point that it would just be simpler to maintain
if the integration point it incorporated, like we do with HikariCP and the
most popular 2nd level cache implementations.

Thanks,