[hibernate-dev] Changing group ids from org.hibernate to org.hibernate.{project}

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Oct 5 02:30:15 EDT 2016

Won't this break like every existing example and 3rd party integrations
(think Spring projects) maven and gradle builds on the planet
? Or are hibernate 6 so radically different there is no chance you would
just change the version number to have
builds work with both hibernate 5 and 6 ?

Not saying it should not be done - just wondering if we grok the full
impact for users.

/max