[hibernate-dev] HBM migration suggestions

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Oct 10 09:24:22 EDT 2016

I remember needing something like that and did it by having the legacy
app create the schema in the RDBMs, then use reverse engineering to
pojos. This was during the "Seam 2 era" so quite some time ago.. not
sure how tools evolved since then.

You'll need some manual tuning during both steps of course, but since
I could tune & extend both the naming strategies (via code extensions)
and the template files we got a quite complex application (600+
entities) converted in a couple of days.  AFAIR my best learner lesson
was to be ready to repeat it all (script it) multiple times, to prefer
tune the templates and naming strategies iteratively over fixing
things by hand.