[hibernate-dev] Javassist dependency conflict in the ORM modules for WildFly

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 19:04:45 EDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Dunno.  To me this is a bug that Jipijapa/WF/DUP adds this dependency at
> all.  How that gets resolved or not is completely up to Jipijapa/WF/DUP as
> it is the one(s) doing this.  There is nothing Hibernate can do here.

I updated the https://github.com/scottmarlow/wildfly/tree/WFLY-459_javassistnative
pull request as requested, JPADependencyProcessor will no longer add
Javassist to the application deployment (if the change is merged).
What changed? If applications embed Hibernate jars, the app developer
shouldn't be surprised by this change that requires them to specify
their own Javassist dependency.

I'm not sure if it would help but Sanne could comment on the pull
request that he approves the PR (if Sanne agrees the updated change is
now correct).  That might negate earlier feedback against the pull
request, not being correct.