[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM modules for Wildfly 11

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sun Aug 27 08:26:56 EDT 2017

Hi all,

WildFly 11 is coming: the version 11.0.0.CR1 was just released last week.

The jipijapa integration point is slightly different.

It shouldn't be hard to patch the current ORM build for this, but I'm
wondering if we just want to update the target WF version, or start
producing sets for both WildFly 10 and WildFly 11 ?

Personally as soon as we can move all integration tests to WildFly 11,
I won't be interested in maintaining WF10 compatibility for the 5.2
branch of Hibernate ORM (and related projects) so I'd be inclined to
simply update the WF version.

The motivations:
 - people are asking already for ORM modulesets for WF11
 - these modules missing are a blocker for producing modulests for out
other projects, e.g. Hibernate Search
 - people are asking for latest Hibernate Search modulesets for WF11 as well..

I'd treat this with urgency: while I don't expect any compatibility
issue with WF11 it would be nice to be able to test it all before it's
released as .Final

Thanks,