[hibernate-dev] Killing hibernate-jpa-api ?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 13 07:10:59 EST 2017

Looks like the general agreement is that we will no longer need
 - https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-jpa-api

As we're switching to the standard API distribution, finally available:
javax.persistence:javax.persistence-api:2.2

Still I expect there's going to be some confusion about this, e.g.
Scott was asking today in chat where to find our custom API at
versions 2.2.

I'd like to deploy a relocation artifact so that people merely
upgrading the version to 2.2 of their dependency to
org.hibernate.javax.persistence will get an automated warning and be
nicely redirected to the new artifact.

Any objections?

The one problem I can see is that in case we need to patch it we'd
need to restore the org.hibernate.javax.persistence and it might get
messy, but I think we can agree the chance for this need to arise
being extremely small.

Thanks,