[hibernate-dev] HHH-12172 - Bintray v. OSSRH

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Dec 19 08:34:02 EST 2017

HHH-12172 is about moving away from the JBoss Nexus repo for publishing our
artifacts.  There is an open question about which service to use instead -
Sonatype's OSSRH (Nexus) or JFrog's Bintray (Artifactory).

Personally I think Artifactory is far superior of a UI/platform.  We all
know Nexus from the JBoss deployment of it, and we have all generally had
nothing good to say about it.

But I am wondering if anyone has practical experience with either, or knows
persons/projects tyay do and could share their experiences.  E.g., even
though I prefer Bintray in almost every regard, I am very nervous that it
seems next to impossible to get help/support with it.  The same may be true
with OSSRH - I don't know, hence why I am asking ;)