[hibernate-dev] New project, new group-id: org.hibernate.lucene-modules

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Feb 17 06:10:39 EST 2017

On 17 February 2017 at 11:04, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org> wrote:

>>> I don't see why we couldn't maintain it when using something under
>>> "org.wildfly". Yes, it'll require a bit more work upfront to agree on
>>> it. But ideally, WF could even pick up the modules from that project
>>> for its own distribution, so it seems like a good fit.
>>
>> Let's assume we do that. You'd also want me to move this repository to
>> github.com/wildfly ?
>
> Yes, that'd be idea.
>

>> I'm concerned we're making this maintenance much more "out of reach" for us,
>> just to polish an identifier.
>
> It's more than that, it'd also allow WF to consume these modules
> instead of maintaining them twice.

They will not consume it. Remember the prime directive?

 - http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2017-January/005686.html

I'm assuming the previous direction stands, and I'd like to move
forward until we know better.

This initiative has been stuck for more than a year already, waiting
for such input or a better home.