[hibernate-dev] "Sister projects" need to be compatible with latest Hibernate ORM

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Jan 6 18:09:12 EST 2017

Hi all,

as you know we've been late in delivering a version of Hibernate
Search version compatible with Hibernate ORM 5.2, this caused many
questions.

Turns out OGM is also late to this club and this is causing some
headaches too: people simply assume that our latest stuff will work
with each other, and I can't blame them for expecting that.

We need to improve on this; I screwed up scheduling on Search, but
looking forward I hope we can improve on this.

So... let's ramp up the tempo for an OGM 5.2 ?

Thanks,