[hibernate-dev] Javassist enhancement problems with the Hibernate ORM WildFly modules

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Jan 12 09:50:44 EST 2017

To be clear... ORM is "expecting the application classpath to include
Javassist dependency" because it will need it for the *proxies* Hibernate
returns to be usable once they get them from Hibernate.

It may or may not *need* the application classpath to include Javassist
dependency if the application is using bytecode generation and *not
proxies*.  I have not played with this specifically.

On the bytecode generation side I am pretty sure Rafeal said Byte Buddy
would not be needed on the application's classpath.  No idea about
proxies.  Just in general I think generated proxies are always going to
need the underlying library available.