[hibernate-dev] ORM 5.2.x: Deprecation of some Query methods?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Jan 16 07:26:26 EST 2017

Some methods from org.hibernate.Query<R> like
 - org.hibernate.Query.scroll()
 - org.hibernate.Query.iterate()

are now flagged as "deprecated method usage" in the IDE as they are
defined on the deprecated interface `org.hibernate.Query`, which is
being replaced by `org.hibernate.query.Query<R>`.

The new interface extends the old one, I guess for drop-in
compatibility reasons, however it doesn't explicitly re-define such
methods making me unsure about their destiny.

Are these really meant to be deprecated?

Thanks,