[hibernate-dev] boolean type support

Christian Beikov christian.beikov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 11:43:02 EST 2017

Am 27.01.2017 um 17:31 schrieb Steve Ebersole:
> Obviously that only works if there is not already an AttributeConverter
> applied to to the attribute.  I cannot imagine that ever happens in a
> supported way, or a way that we want to support.  Essentially that would
> mean a condition where we convert the value twice in each direction.  But
> in case we miss some ase, I wanted to ask the list.
So if a user defines a converter for Boolean=>Enum for example, that
would not work on e.g. Oracle since on such a DB the column type is integer?
I am not sure if a converter for Boolean as source type would make
sense, but if allowing it adds a lot of complexity I'd say don't support
it for now and wait for a user to complain. Seems like a pretty edgy
edge case to me :D