[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM 6.0 groupId/artifactId (was: Re: NoORM - New groupId and relocation artifacts)

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Jan 31 03:09:20 EST 2017

Agreed, it'd be the right time if we wanted to change this.

I vote for 1 in case we do it.

In ORM it's enough for many use cases to just add that core module,
hence I like the more concise "hibernate-orm" id (similar to
"hibernate-validator"). It's a bit different for OGM and HSEARCH where
one needs core and typically another module with the NoSQL/indexing
backend (hence I like "hibernate-ogm-core" there).