[hibernate-dev] Case Insensitive Comparison for TableNames in Schema Update

Ashudeep Sharma ashu00.speed at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 01:21:31 EDT 2017

Hi,
    I am upgrading the hibernate version from 4.3 to 5.2 and found that in
Schema update, now the table names comparison has been made case-sensitive.

Earlier it used to do the following call
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/4.3/hibernate-core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/tool/hbm2ddl/DatabaseMetadata.java#L140

and currently we use the following function calls and just check the map
key for the table name.

https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/master/hibernate-core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/tool/schema/extract/internal/InformationExtractorJdbcDatabaseMetaDataImpl.java#L362

https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/master/hibernate-core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/tool/schema/extract/spi/NameSpaceTablesInformation.java#L35

I wanted to know if this has been a bug fix that has been done in hibernate
5. Couldn't find anything related to this in the change log
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/master/changelog.txt .

Please let me know about it.

Thanks,
Ashudeep