[hibernate-dev] Feature Request: Encrypt sensitive data with an "encrypted store/filter"

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 15:01:31 EDT 2017

Hi,

The easiest way to do it is to use Transparent Data Encryption in the RDBMS:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/security/encryption/transparent-data-encryption-tde

For simple use cases, you can just use the @ColumnTransformer as explained
in this article:

https://vladmihalcea.com/2017/02/24/how-to-encrypt-and-decrypt-data-with-hibernate/

There used to be the Jasypt project which provided encryption for
Hibernate, but it does not look like it's very active:

http://www.jasypt.org/

Vlad