[hibernate-dev] JIRA usage for OGM

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Mar 17 08:13:44 EDT 2017

Yes labels and tags would help me to keep them "out of the way" but
like Yoann suggests, I expect the "contrib repository" to not be
released and tagged in strict synch with the Hibernate OGM main
project?

I guess we didn't discuss this in depth, but if we don't allow the
"contrib repository" to fall slightly behind, we wouldn't have much of
a benefit from cutting it into a separate repo..

Thanks,
Sanne

On 17 March 2017 at 11:34, Davide D'Alto <daltodavide at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would prefer to release both at the same time even if there are no
> big changes.
>
> As for creating a new project, wouldn't have a new label or component be enough?
>
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 8:21 AM, Yoann Rodiere <yoann at hibernate.org> wrote:
>> Isn't marking those as "New feature" enough? Or, if necessary, tagging them?
>> I obviously can't tell how others use JIRA, but personally I don't dive
>> into old tickets every day. Most of the time I only check the new
>> (incoming) tickets and those assigned to the next release. So, those extra
>> tickets are only a problem when setting the goals for the next release, and
>> we could easily tag them so as to exclude them from our searches.
>>
>> The actual question may be: when those tickets are solved, will they be
>> released synchronously with OGM releases? I.e., will the contrib repository
>> be released at the same time as OGM? If not, then yes, I'd say we'd better
>> move these tickets to another JIRA project.
>>

>> Yoann Rodière <yoann at hibernate.org>
>> Hibernate NoORM Team
>>
>> On 16 March 2017 at 14:14, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:
>>
>>> There are more than 300 open issues, which is fine but rather than
>>> being these well-defined issues most sound like wishful thinking of
>>> someone having a (possibly cool) idea but not really executing on it.
>>>
>>> Since JIRA is an issue tracker and not really a planning tool / note
>>> taking app I wish we could limit this practice of having issues like
>>> "explore integration with.." ?
>>>
>>> More specifically, could we move "out of the way" all issues related
>>> to Databases which we're moving into the "contrib" repository?
>>> I think it would be nice to have these in a different JIRA project.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sanne