[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Validator 6.0.0.Alpha2 is out with improved Bean Validation 2.0 support

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 30 14:12:17 EDT 2017

Hi,

We released Hibernate Validator 6.0.0.Alpha2 today in coordination with the
2.0.0.Alpha2 release of Bean Validation.

We improved a lot of things since the latest alpha:
- improved support for container element constraints and cascading and most
notably the ability to declare them using XML configuration or the
programmatic API
- new constraints: @NotBlank, @NotEmpty, @Email are now defined in the
specification and we also added @Positive and @Negative. All these new
constraints are supported in 6.0.0.Alpha2
- some performance improvements: 6 is now significantly faster than 5.4 on
our benchmarks

As explained in the announce on in.relation.to [1], we are looking forward
to your feedback on these features.

Have a nice day!

[1] http://in.relation.to/2017/03/30/hibernate-validator-600-alpha2-out/