[hibernate-dev] SQM and cast targets

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed May 31 08:43:25 EDT 2017

We would not be able to.  That is the trouble with any kind of
"pass-through.  We would need some form of hint/directive from the user.

Also in thinking about it some more, I think that re-using treat is not
appropriate.  treat is specifically defined in regards to hierarchies,
which mean this use would be counter-intuitive.  But a "wrapper" of some
sort (and really cast and treat are just specialized typing wrappers) seems
like a good option.  We'd just need a good name for it.