[hibernate-dev] JDK 10 b29 Early Access is available on jdk.java.net

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Sun Nov 19 07:03:27 EST 2017

Hi Rory,

While updating my JDK API change report generator [1] for JDK 10, I noticed
that three modules aren't available in JDK 10 as of b32 which existed in
JDK 9:

* jdk.management.cmm
* jdk.management.jfr
* jdk.management.resource

I couldn't find any details on this in the release notes [2], so I was
wondering whether this change is intentional, or whether those modules will
re-appear in future JDK 10 preview builds?

Interestingly, these modules are contained in the published JDK 10 JavaDoc
[3], but I couldn't find the jmod files in the "jmods" directory of the
preview build.

Thanks,

--Gunnar

[1] https://github.com/gunnarmorling/jdkapidiff