[hibernate-dev] JDK 10 b29 Early Access is available on jdk.java.net

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Mon Nov 20 11:45:26 EST 2017

Hi Dalibor,

> On 19.11.2017 13:03, Gunnar Morling wrote:
>
>> Hi Rory,
>>
>> While updating my JDK API change report generator [1] for JDK 10, I
>> noticed that three modules aren't available in JDK 10 as of b32 which
>> existed in JDK 9:
>>
>> * jdk.management.cmm
>> * jdk.management.jfr
>> * jdk.management.resource
>>

> Hi Gunnar,
>
> the modules are there for (still) commercial features like the Java Flight
> Recorder. Commercial features not made available in JDK early access builds.

I see, thanks.

But why is then that other modules also marked as commercial in their
JavaDoc are part of the EA build (e.g. "jdk.jfr")? And why are the
non-available modules nevertheless parts of the API docs published at
http://download.java.net/java/jdk10/docs/api? It seems a bit inconsistent.

Really looking forward to the open-sourced JFR + MC btw., that's a
fantastic development!