[hibernate-dev] Getting rid of our specific JavaDoc CSS?

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:11:46 EST 2017

Hi,

So, apparently, our JavaDoc CSS is a bit outdated as we now have a "Skip
navigation links" link at the top of our doc that should be hidden by
default.

Frankly, I see very little value in maintaining our own JavaDoc CSS. It
requires work (see above and the future JDK 9 upgrade - Marko did a first
pass on Validator but it required some time).

Moreover, I find the new default CSS much more readable and attractive than
ours.

Compare:
https://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/search/api/
with:
http://docs.jboss.org/jberet/1.3.0.Beta2/javadoc/jberet-core/

I would say a JavaDoc is a JavaDoc and I would prefer if our users just got
the standard layout they are used to on other projects.

Bonus point: when we include external projects javadoc in ours, we end up
having both layouts mixed, which is not very nice.

And if it saves us some work, it's all good, isn't it?

Thoughts?

--
Guillaume