[hibernate-dev] SynchronizationRegistry: expose read (lookup) operations?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Oct 25 11:14:23 EDT 2017

On 25 October 2017 at 16:05, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Yes, but that is only available in JTA environments.  Ours is available no
> matter what kind of transaction environment we are executing in.
>
> Sanne, how about instead a separate registration method accepting a
> "registration key"?  E.g.:
>
> public interface SynchronizationRegistry extends Serializable {
>     // ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>     // current api
>     void registerSynchronization(Synchronization synchronization);
>
>     // ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>     // additional api
>     void registerSynchronization(Object key, Synchronization
> synchronization);
>     Synchronization findSynchronization(Object key);
> }
>
> or:
>
> public interface KeyableSynchronization extends Synchronization {
>     Object getKey();
> }
>
> which can be used during #registerSynchronization(Synchronization)
> processing to add to a Map as well?

Yes that would work for me, but thinking about the implementation it
implies you'd need to hold on to both a Set and a Map, and then we'd
be exposed to silly usage like people adding the same synchronization
twice in two different ways?

I'd rather expose a single consistent way: having to make up an id
doesn't seem too inconvenient considering it's an SPI.

Thanks,
Sanne