[hibernate-dev] New `noorm-admins` team on Github & proposal for group restructuring

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Sep 15 09:50:57 EDT 2017

I created a new team on Github and am giving it admin privileges to
Validator, Search, OGM, and the related support repositories (JPQL
parser, HCANN).

This is to give some selected members admin privileges on the
repositories; useful as it allows us to "proctect" branches when we
create maintenance release branches, which is becoming routine so I
shouldn't be the only one with such privileges.

It also allows all members to delete repositories and/or to
temporarily remove such protection in case of extreme need. Needless
to say, I expect some kind of quorum among us - in writing on this
mailing list - before taking any such initiatives!

We already had an Admin team but I'm no longer comfortable in using a
single Admin team for all 30+ repositories, it requires giving too
many privileges to too many people.
The single admin team is a legacy of how GitHub used to work in the
past; let's disband it and replace it with more fine grained groups?

Thanks,