[hibernate-dev] Property "ogm.datastore.create_database": fit for purpose?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Sep 26 16:03:17 EDT 2017

This property is defined in hibernate-ogm-core and while it's quite
self-explanatory with other NoSQL stores, it doesn't translate nicely
to the Infinispan scenario.

I'd be tempted to introduce ad-hoc properties for each Dialect so that
their effect is clear, allowing to pick more fitting names.

We also like to keep configuration properties to the minimun. In fact
I'd like to simply use Environment.HBM2DDL_AUTO to create / define
Caches ?

Conceptually in Infinispan they are closer to "tables" than
"databases", except they are all schema less and we deploy a schema
using a different operation..

Let the fight begin!

Thanks,