[hibernate-dev] New report for API incompatibilities between 5.1 and 5.3

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Apr 6 09:51:21 EDT 2018

On 5 April 2018 at 22:03, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> I am assuming that mean you behavioral compatibility (they act the same)...
>
> Well that's the point of tests.  The real problem is that often there are
> not tests for a specific thing or someone changed the test expectations
> during development

Agreed on the point of tests. But I'm wondering if we want to track
existing behavioural incompatibilities we know of in a similar
document / as an appendix of it / labels on JIRA.

Granted the binary compatibility is the first and most important
milestone, but I'd hope we could work also on some of the other ones
such as HHH-12454.

I'm not suggesting that we solve them all - but it would be good to
collect a list of known compatibility issues to review once more as
when we decided on breaking some thing we weren't evaluating problems
in the light of continuous delivery requirements.

Thanks,
Sanne