[hibernate-dev] [!] Changing how to run tests with proprietary JDBC drivers: Oracle, HANA

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 9 10:24:59 EDT 2018

I'm setting up some new Oracle integration tests on ci.hibernate.org,
and we're having again a similar issue to what we had with SAP HANA:

 - some JDBC drivers can not be distributed freely
 - we do not want to allow the Hibernate ORM build to load
dependencies from a local Maven repository

So I'm introducing a new (optional) environment variable described on:
 - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12901

This implies that if you were running these tests locally you will
need to adjust; I hope it's not too inconvenient.

N.B. the `jdbcDependency` attribute for the matrix configuration needs
to change to match the jar name. I'll commit the change for Oracle
soon.

Thanks,