[hibernate-dev] Created a Jenkins job to publish Snapshot artifacts for ORM 6.0

Yoann Rodiere yoann at hibernate.org
Tue Dec 11 02:43:52 EST 2018

Hello,

Last time we discussed it, it seemed there wasn't any automatic job
regularly publishing ORM 6.0  snapshot artifacts; right now I can see that
the latest snapshot was published on December 5th by Steve himself (not
Jenkins); probably while performing tests for the 6.0.0.Alpha1 release?

So I just created a Jenkins job to publish Snapshot artifacts for ORM 6.0:

http://ci.hibernate.org/view/ORM/job/hibernate-orm-6.0-h2-main/

It's just a copy of hibernate-orm-master-h2-main with the branch changed to
wip/6.0 and a one-build-per-hour throttle added (we may remove that if you
want).

For now the job is disabled. Steve, do you agree with publishing snapshot
artifacts? Can I enable this job? Do I have to add specific options (ignore
some tests, some modules, ...) to the gradle command in order for the build
to pass? Do you want me to disable build failure notifications?

Snapshots would come in handy to test Hibernate Search 6.0 against ORM 6.0.
For now Search 6 is still using ORM 5.4, because a lot of Search's tests
need association types that are not yet supported in 6, but I'd like to
keep track of progress made on ORM 6 so I can react if further
incompatibilities arise.

Yoann Rodière
Hibernate NoORM Team
yoann at hibernate.org