[hibernate-dev] Possible regression due to the new entity graph code

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sun Dec 30 10:08:17 EST 2018

Commented on the Jira.  It is a regression, though it is not caused
specifically by the graph changes.  It is caused more by a change in how
subsequent selects are fired.  If it was an intentional change, it would be
good to understand why it was changed so we can make an informed decision
about how to best resolve this - whether the subsequent-select changes
ought to reverted or if we should adjust the graph handling to account for
that change.  My concern is that the subsequent-select changes might lead
to other such hard-to-diagnose problems.

FWIW, changing graph handling wrt `#find` *should be* trivial.  I'll work
on a PR using this approach to verify it is indeed trivial (after I'm
actually back from vacation).

P.S.  Note that this only affects `#find` operations.  Graphs applied to
HQL or criteria queries do not have this issue.  So that is a viable
workaround.