[hibernate-dev] hibernate.org ORM release series page

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 10:22:21 EST 2018

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 4:00 PM, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> See you cheated though.  You "just happened" to use a project that has a
> dedicated groupId.  If we used a dedicated groupId for ORM
> (`org.hibernate.orm` e.g.) then its not a big deal either way.

I didn't cheat. I gave a random link. Yoann made it work for the old
Validator releases which use the shared org.hibernate groupId:
http://staging.hibernate.org/validator/releases/5.4/

> Craft the same search for ORM and compare (1) the display and (2) the
> complexity needed to build the search.
>
> If you don't like the release/version-specific view Bintray offers then
> fine - that's your point of view.  I just happen to completely disagree.

Yeah, well, all the not so interesting/general information are taking all
the screen and you have to scroll to see the artifact you were looking for
at the bottom of the page.

Add to that a bug with Firefox that makes you go to the top of the page
everytime you click on the artifact dropdown. (Maybe you can ping them
about it if you have contacts there)

Yeah, sorry, I'm not impressed.

Bintray is in fact in the middle of a UI/UX rewrite, so...

> And selecting the "main" artifact used in the drop down is one of those
> items

OK, let's hope it's going to be better then.

@Yoann so +1 from me for the new behavior of the NoORM projects, it works
great.

--
Guillaume