[hibernate-dev] ORM 5.1 vs compatibility with Java 6

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 18:06:02 EST 2018

Hi Sanne,

I didn't notice the failures either. I've been running it with JAVA6_HOME
pointing to jdk7, but I can't remember why I would have changed it to that.

It sounds like 5.1 branch will be a product branch for a while, so if it's
easy to make it compatible to JDK6, then I'd prefer to do that.

It looks like there are only 2 failures:
1) an unused import for import java.util.Objects, which is easily deleted.
2) ReflectHelper#JAVA_CONSTANT_PATTERN uses java.util.regex.
Pattern.UNICODE_CHARACTER_CLASS.

Vlad, is there some other flag that can be used that is compatible with
JDK6? If not, is there some other reasonable flag that we can use instead?

Regards,
Gail