[hibernate-dev] Removing dom4j?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Feb 16 16:33:53 EST 2018

Hi Jordan,

I think it would be great to remove it. Especially recently we've
started exploring what it would take to convert all jars into proper
Jigsaw modules, and a requirement is that all dependencies need to be
converted as well; this is obviously more problematic for such old
libraries so it would be best to remove it or find a good replacement.

I'd suggest to work on the master branch though, we wouldn't want to
apply this on the 5.2 branch which is now in maintenance mode.

What do you mean with "shiv-libraries" ?

Thanks,
Sanne