[hibernate-dev] ORM CI jobs - erroneous github triggers

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Jan 2 14:54:42 EST 2018

The legacy ORM jobs (5.1-based ones at least) are getting triggered when
they should not be.  Generally they all show they the run is triggered by a
"SCM change", but it does not show any changes.  The underlying problem
(although I am at a loss as to why) is that there has indeed been SCM
changes pushed to Github, but against completely different branches.  As
far as I can tell these job's Github setting are correct.  Any ideas what
is going on?

This would not be such a big deal if the CI environment did not throttle
all waiting jobs down to one active job.  So the jobs I am actually
interested in are forced to wait (sometimes over an hour) for these jobs
that should not even be running.