[hibernate-dev] 5.3.0 release tomorrow

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Jan 31 05:26:17 EST 2018

I would suggest a Beta2, as we were hoping to still do some work on
it. No strong take though, as far as I know our pending work is
optional / low impact:
 A. produce the feature packs in ORM
 B. test OGM integration

Status of these:

A#
The feature packs have low impact on ORM's risk and quality, although
it would be nice to be able to test the feature packs "as released"
from ORM within Search and OGM.
It requires a second Gradle plugin; Andrea created a first POC last
week, but we still need some work on it, release it and then have the
ORM build use it.
Finally we'll need to update the documentation and guides to explain
to users how to consume it.

B#
The OGM integration is a bit late; we should be able to verify it next
week. We didn't start converting OGM into feature packs; that would
take even longer but I guess we can regard this one as optional.

All of this could be done in a CR1 if you see reasons to accelerate,
I'd just suggest a preference for a little more time.

Thanks,
Sanne