[hibernate-dev] 5.3.0 release tomorrow

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Jan 31 10:54:52 EST 2018

Yes, I agree.  As it is, it is very likely that in 2 weeks we will have ORM
5.3.0.CR1.  So even if you did do a OGM release at that time we are going
to be limited in what exactly we can change if we find changes are needed.

Interestingly this goes back to earlier discussions about "release
early/often" for the purpose of identifying regressions.  Granted there
y'all were talking about 5.2, but the same happens here from the ORM
perspective in 5.3.  We need to not be dragging version non-stable releases
out as we continue to wait for +1's from all integrators (Search, OGM,
Spring, etc).

Anyway, we'll hear what we hear in 2 weeks.