[hibernate-dev] 5.3 cache issues [Requires Steve]

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Jul 2 15:14:54 EDT 2018

1) That was specifically requested
2) This is easily handled by the providers, if they wish.  They would
simply map any undefined regions/caches to a pre-defined one (probably
after warning the user).  Keep in mind that region != cache.  A provider
might map multiple region names to a single cache.  That was always the
case, but every provider mapped region <-> cache as 1-1 - the new API makes
this much more clear.

Personally I think that not allowing on-the-fly creation is a good idea,
though maybe it can be made configurable.