[hibernate-dev] 5.3 cache issues [Requires Steve]

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 04:13:55 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 1:03 AM Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> Then not sure why you ask if you already plan on your answer ;)

Well, obviously, I think there's something wrong, otherwise I wouldn't have
raised the issue in the first place and waste everyone's time :). But
you're the project lead and you did the work on this so, yes, I prefer
asking if you veto it or not.

What also bugs me a bit is that with the fail route, the user only has one
error at a time: so basically, you have to start your app, fix the first
error, restart your app, fix the following one. The warning route is far
more straightforward as you have all the issues at once.

Having a configuration knob and allowing framework vendors to choose the
strict rule if they want seems acceptable to me, that's why I'm defending
this position.

If you don't have a strong opinion about it, I think it's the best
compromise we can make to take into account all the feedback we had about
this and have the best usability so I'm leaning towards applying Yoann's PR.

--
Guillaume