[hibernate-dev] 5.3 cache issues [Requires Steve]

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 04:32:02 EDT 2018

Hi,

Current status:
- short names and compatibility layer on the ORM side: merged
- Radim will get the Infinispan region factory up to speed (Thanks!)
- we merged the configuration knobs to allow the automatic creation of
caches:
. default for Ehcache: create-warn: cache will be automatically created but
there will be warnings
. default for JCache: fail: failure at bootstrap if there is a missing cache

I haven't had any answer to my case against having fail as the default for
JCache so I suppose it's how it is.

--
Guillaume