[hibernate-dev] ORM 6.0 Alpha1 release planning

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 04:29:26 EDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 7:35 PM Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> IMO each Alpha ought to be 2 weeks, though I could live with 3 or
> depending one everyone else's opinion.

Big +1 for frequent releases. As for the frequency, between 2 weeks and 1
month sounds good to me, depending on the progress you all make.

By the way and it's probably more a question for Luis, is there a plan to
publish the benchmarks somewhere in the open? I would really like to have a
set of JMH benchmarks for ORM. That could help to run a profiler and
optimize the code, quickly check that we don't have a regression when
touching performance-sensitive code and so on. Obviously not saying we will
do the work of the performance team but being able to run a quick benchmark
focused on a particular area might be very helpful in the future.

--
Guillaume