[hibernate-dev] [ORM] Javadoc errors fixing

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 15:15:00 EDT 2018

Hi,

So due to the issue with Asciidoclet I exposed in my previous email, I
thought for some time that they had removed the -XDoclint flag in Java 11.

Thus I started cleaning up all the Javadoc errors we have in the ORM source
code...

This led to the following changes:
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/compare/master...gsmet:HHH-12806?expand=1
.

It's kinda huge and while it's only trivial changes, I'm a bit worried
about what will happen when you will try to merge this in your 6 branch.

All the errors are fixed except:
- 3 reference not found errors for which I need advice
- the errors in the generated sources that are thrown in the
aggregateJavadocs task: the exclude rules are not taken into account by
Gradle in this task, probably a Gradle bug, I saw an old forum post of
Steve in the Gradle forum about this issue.

Note: I don't have any issue if we consider it's not the right time to do
that and we should only do that on 6. That's why I ask the question. I have
no idea of what the 6 branch look like so I don't know how much of an issue
it can be. Cherry-picking these changes on top of 6, once it's stabilized
is a possibility.

Thoughts?

--
Guillaume