[hibernate-dev] Health check status API

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 1 08:58:47 EDT 2018

This ties to the lazy database discovery in Cloud environments. The
issue related to that also mentions a health check API.
I don't think it ties to the Stats or JMX API as at least for the
initial start, this API should be able to provide feedback while
Hibernate engine is starting (and looping).

It would be interesting to explore what other IO engines offer as health
check APIs to be inspired (straight poll, callback etc).

Emmanuel