[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM Binary Compatibility between 5.1 and 5.3 (June 6, 2018)

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 15:53:45 EDT 2018

I re-ran japi-compliance-checker on Wednesday (6/6/18) comparing binary
compatibility of 5.1.15-SNAPSHOT vs 5.2.3-SNAPSHOT.

I've summarized the results at [1]. I have shared this document to everyone
who requested access to the older reports. Please request access if you're
interested in seeing it.

AFAICT, everything identified as an issue in my previous report from 4/2/18
[2] has been resolved, except for those described in
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12651 that were not found by
japi-compliance-checker.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a different tool that can check API
binary compatibility between 2 Java project versions that doesn't suffer
from the false positives and oversights we ran into with
japi-compliance-checker?

Regards,
Gail

[1]