[hibernate-dev] Travis build being very unstable with ORM

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Mar 12 07:16:08 EDT 2018

On 12 March 2018 at 10:52, Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if it's an issue you had before with our CI but the Travis
> builds are very unstable, failing with this message:
> :hibernate-core:testPicked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx2048m -Xms512m
> No output has been received in the last 10m0s, this potentially indicates a
> stalled build or something wrong with the build itself.

2GB is not enough, I thought I had reconfigured it with
 - https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/commit/66d3232eb671f9482f4c300f29d23d83b80cdaff

I was expecting Travis to apply the Gradle settings but maybe I'm
missing something?

Incidentally, the reason is a leak in the tests, specifically
 - org.hibernate.test.bytecode.enhancement.access.MixedAccessTest

Luis is having a look at that, but independently from that problem I
suggest we reconfigure it all to use 4GB anyway as 2GB was too
limiting.

Thanks,
Sanne