[hibernate-dev] API differences in Hibernate ORM 5.1 vs 5.3

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 03:36:38 EDT 2018

Hi,

There were lots of differences in the compatibility report, so as a first
step, I've excluded packages/classes that I considered SPI, internal, or
"grey area". This reduced the the differences to a more manageable amount.

You can see a summary of the incompatibilities along with suggested
mitigation at [1].

The report is attached to [1], along with a zip with instructions for
running the report.

I believe there are some "false positives" in the report, and I have
documented them in the section, "False Positives?".

Feel free to comment on the article.

Thanks,
Gail

[1]