[hibernate-dev] [HV] Retiring HibernateValidatorContext#parameterNameProvider()

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 20 08:06:10 EDT 2018

This is a spec-level API, defined in ValidatorContext:

https://github.com/beanvalidation/beanvalidation-api/blob/master/src/main/java/javax/validation/ValidatorContext.java#L77

So unless we change the rules (there might be some leeway now when
formalizing compat rules for Jakarta EE), we cannot really deprecate this
feature.