[hibernate-dev] SingleTableEntityPersister memory footprint in 5.3

Andrej Golovnin andrej.golovnin at gmail.com
Tue May 8 02:11:31 EDT 2018

Hi Guillaume,

>> > It's not only the number of tables but also the number of columns per
>> > table.
>> > The table I take as an example in my tests has 200+ columns, which
>> > definitely doesn't help.
>>
>> I have also a lot of tables with high number of columns. The biggest
>> one has 254 columns. So what?
>

> So it's not the average 20 columns table.
>
> Not saying it's not a case we should be grateful with.
>
> --
> Guillaume

What you should really do is write a generator that would generate
models with a configurable number of entities, abstract entities,
mapped supper-classes, embeddables, relationships, fields, and so on.
You could integrate it into the build process to verify memory
consumption after every change in the Hibernate code. This would allow
you to find problems before you ship a new version of Hibernate.

It should be a good job for a student. :-)

Best regards,
Andrej Golovnin