[hibernate-dev] Breaking JBossStandAloneJtaPlatform backwards compatibility

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sat May 26 09:04:44 EDT 2018

Hi Scott,

I see you changed JBossStandAloneJtaPlatform to use a new API in WildFly;

this breaks all existing applications using a generic "JBoss -
standalone" platform which isn't using the very latest WildFly.

I see that in many cases this type is auto-detected - and while
JBossStandAloneJtaPlatform causes an exception this is swallowed by
the HibernatePersistenceProvider as any exception is only mentioned at
debug level (line 61).

So two questions:
 - could this be reverted and you introduce some new-gen
WildflyStandAloneJtaPlatform instead?
 - bootstrap exceptions: may I change those to error level?

Thanks,